Mont Sainte Victoire

On Saturday I went alone to the Mont Sainte Victoire, it is pretty close from Aix-en-Provence (about 20 to 30 minutes by bus, less if it was direct). One thing you have to know about me is that I actually don't have a bad sense of direction, but I started going in the wrong direction, I'm in for the day. Usuay my intuition tells me it's wrong but I'm a stupid girl and keep going anyway.

So when I got off the bus at my stop after a winding road, I just looked for a mark on a tree indicating the hiking road I wanted to go on and  went. My intuition told me pretty quickly things were going wrong as I crossed only a single woman on my path and ended on the roadside when I should have gone toward the mountains.

Anyway, at some point I finally decided that I needed some help and descended in the little town called Vauvenargues that is just at the foot of the mounts. The town is pretty cute, I can't deny that fact. Maybe too calm for me, ut ver cute nonetheless





There I found the Maison du Grand Site Sainte Victoire, which is basically the place to go to if you want to have some info on the area and/or are lost, like me :D (and/or want to buy souvenirs)

The man at the reception confirmed my doubt : yes I went the wrong way. But not everything was lost !!! Another path was waiting for me and me only. A nice one which would fit with my time requirements, and was near a stream - which, given the hot weather, was a good thing. So I went on my merry way.Not forgetting to take a few pictures as I ascended.





I think this is about where I realized I went off path. I continued for a long time though, hoping I was wrong... My path was supposed to do a sort of loop, I was waiting for it, it never came...


And when I went back I saw this, I must admit I was pretty creeped out at first.


Long story short: I maybe should not have went alone...

Commentaires