Thirty. Tourism in Tokyo

So, last week, I decided to go to Shinjuku L Tower, it has 31 floors. The ground floor and underground floors are restaurants but then it's only companies' offices. The elevator you can ride from the ground floor only goes up to the 21st floor and then being the tourist searching for a nice photo spot in the middle of the offices I became embarrassed, gave up searching for a second elevator and ended up taking pictures for the 21st floor. Shyness...
I love Tokyo by night, but I must admit I prefer the Tokyo Tower views over the Skytree ones.




On Saturday, one of my flatmates wanted to go to the Skytree, so we headed over there, the observatory is about 350 meters high and my only concern was that if there was a earthquake it would probably be one of the scariest place to be in Tokyo.

To go to the observatory you have four rather fast elevators, one for each season. We rided the automn one while going up and the spring one while going down. The lightning and drawings inside each one are different (ie : cherry blossom leaves for the spring one..)


If you go there on a non-cloudy morning, you might be able to see Mt Fuji, but I have no luck and only go to observatories and the like on cloudy days


Then, we went to Asakusa (and ate various -and numerous- things)







And last, at night we headed to Ebisu to see the Christmas illumination over there ~.

Commentaires