twenty five. Living in a country where restaurants are cheap...

Once again, I haven't updated for a long time.

On Friday, my school had organized a barbecue, so we went to a sort of park that was a bit further than Yokohama. The morning was pretty chilly so I was worried it would last the whole day, but the weather was finally very very good.

The teachers had said "doing barbecue is a work for men so you guys will just do everything~". I was at a table with only guys so I just sat and did nothing (ayway, never having done a barbecue in my life, I would have been more than useless). So basically I was taking picture when the guys here working hard.





 There were horses, the guys rode them but I absolutely refuse to ride a horse. I wanted to but I'm pretty afraid. >.<







And.. alpacas! (and I)





 We could see the sea from the park so here are some views :





 After that, a guy from my class wanted to go to an izakaya, so I went with him and his friends (all chinese) and Julie. My bag and thus my camera being above my head, I sadly didn't take any picture. After 5 beers, a lot of food and becoming friends with the people sitting at the table next to us, we decided that it was maybe time to head out. The chineses wanted to go to a karaoke but as we still had a chance to catch the last train, Julie and I declined. I also learnt that at that hour it was useless to ask someone where was the station, because the answer was to follow the amazing number of people heading toward the same place.

So the next day, Julie and I headed to Shin-Okubo, which is rather close from my school's area. Shin-Okubo is like a small korean town in Tokyo. Korean pop music is blasting on the street from the numerous shops selling photographs of idols and korean small supermarket and restaurants are absolutely everywhere. Restaurants over there being a bit more expensive than traditional japanese restaurants, when we got told "Come over, today is half price", Julie was like "Let's go!".


The guy sitting beside me in class, Hyeonmin, as well as his roommate, Won-i, work in Shin Okubo so I wanted to pay them a visit. Won-i work in that café called Coffee Prince which is pretty popular for having handsome guys in cosplay serving you. I didn't know about the cosplay part until some tall, weirdly dressed guy adressed me while I was actually searching for this very shop "Do you wanna eat cake?! Come to eat some cake!!!". At that very time, I must have made a face like "What the fuck is happening?"::: Sadly, Hyeonmin later told me than Won-i shift was during the evening (which is maybe better as I would maybe have laughed seeing the cosplay, I now understand why he was like "well, it's embarassing......" when I asked him about his part time job). He told me to come back during his shift but it's a bit pricey so maybe in 3 or 4 weeks...


Also, over there, I had a bit of England nostagia when I found a Tesco on my way :


 On Sunday I went to Julie house in Arakawa-ku, compared to my house, it is pretty far from the  Shinjuku and Shibuya's agitation and you have a feeling of not being in Tokyo anymore.



On Monday I went to eat in a good ramen restaurant with Hyeonmin and Won-i after class ended but finishing my portion was absolutely impossible, no matter how hard I tried, it was just too much... And today went again to a restaurant with people from my class. Yesterday, the French guy from my class was like "would be nice if we had lunch with everybody who can go". So today, he was like "Let's go! Let's go!", but as he didn't really have any plans about where to go we walked for quite a while before finding a restaurant with a table for 8 (yes, a guy is not in the frame on my picture, I have no idea how I could have missed it when I was taking the picture, I'm sorry Jinhyok >.<).


Commentaires