Twenty three. Surprise matsuri !

I've been a bit lazy since I started school and didn't update my blog.
So, last Sunday, I met a friend I had made 2 years ago in Oxford and we headed for Tokyo Station, it's been renovated recently so it's quite the tourist spot. My friend (who is japanese and born in Tokyo) explained me that it was pretty popular with old people because it reminded them their youth. However she couldn't remember what it looked like before renovation






 We didn't really know where to go afterwards, so we just walked around after having been to a commercial center and somehow stumbled on illuminations. I still have no idea what they are really for as this weekend, I also saw some in Roppongi (it was during the day though, so they were not on). But Christmas seems a bit too far for it to be Christmas lights




Well, it turned out that we walked in a kind a promotional event for prefectural tourism in Japan.



Maiko from Gion in Kyoto were doing a performance :



Then there was a fashion show (altough this and that didn't really seem related and I couldn't take any good picture of the fashion show), and then a presentation of the different folkore they have during matsuri in each prefecture. As we went there by pure coincidence, we've been pretty lucky.







And we went to have dinner in an izakaya.

Commentaires