Eighteen. First days in Tokyo

My flight was only about 15 minutes late on arrival which is... pretty nice to say the least. It was pretty comfortable, I had a lot of space from being next to the exit doors and noone sat beside me (except a guy who came there for like 2 or 3 hours about 1 hour and a half into the flight and then came back to his reserved seat.). I usually have gums during flights and usually my ears don't hurt, but this time, I thought my tympans were trying to escape or something. It lasted the whole day.

The landing was pretty bad, the plane was shaking pretty hard and my ears hurt so bad, actually, it hurt until I went to sleep.

It's the plane I flew with :


After a long adventure in Tokyo's subway (don't believe that there are escalators or elevators everywhere in Tokyo, it would be a BIG mistake. I had been lucky in Paris and found a good soul to help me carry my 18kg luggage, this time I was alone face to the stairs), I went to what will be my house for 3 months and discovered my room (small) and my shared apartment (big). Met one of my flatmate a bit later and  two others in the evening. In the evening I only talked a bit as the only tought in my head was "sleeeeeeepppppp, I need sleeeepp".

So yesterday, after noticing that my adaptator wasn't working with my computer I decided to buy one. And what's a better place than Akihabara? I didn't want to go in loads of shops only to hear "We haven't got that here, sorry. Please go ask at *anyplace*. My place is next to a small station, so taking the train there often means you'll have to change (and so spend more time in the train and more money). So, I decided to go to Nakano's main station. As I said before, I needed an adaptator, so well, I hadn't had the capacity to look up the road on Internet. So when I was faced with a placard "Welcome to Shibuya-city" and about 30 min later "Welcome to Shinjuku-city", I told myself that "ok I got lost" and that it most likely wasn't the fastest way to go. Well, I walked probably for about 1 hour and a half

Well everything wasn't lost as I saw this on my road. It seems pretty big and nice, I'll probably go and visit when I'll have some time. Plus, I know that Shibuya is in walking distance


Also, I went to Nakano Broadway, which is basically a commercial center with tons of shops.


I finally got to Nakano st. and got in the train. I was so happy to finally be sat. I got to Akihabara, some maid were advertising their maid coffee on the street, girl idols music was even louder on the streets than in the shops. Akihabara didn't seduce me the first time around, apparently neither it does for the second time. I found my adaptator, pretty cheap compared to what you can buy in France. 250 yen.


Now is when it becomes funny (well, it's funny to tell, it was waaaay less funny to live). So I decided to go back to my house by walking from Nakano station. I was so sure their was a shorter way than the one I took (I was right), and that the exit from which I came was the wrong one if I wanted to take a shorter route (I was also right). But somehow, being right doesn't mean doing everything well. I walked around searching for the area where I live for 1 hour and a half maybe more only to find... the station. I walked a whole f***** loop, for 1 hour and a half. At that point, I just decided to take the train back home.

Well, on this looong road, I ended up in a park called Momijiyama Park, I crossed these little guys :


And this was the park :




I don't think I'll have that much to say today as my only plan is to go grocery shopping a bit. My feet are asking for some rest ^^.

Commentaires